About The Artist
PERSONAL PROFILE – JOSIE DILLON LOWERSON
- Exhibition- “Paper & Sticks”at Old Post Office Gallery, Atherton. In collaboration with Printmaker Bek Honeyman.
- Participation in “Stories & Portraits” project by Photographer Lou Rios
- Exhibition – ‘Contemporary 17″ at Gallery Etienne De Causans, St. Germaine, Paris
- Exhibition – “Capri-Isle of Arte”- Villa de Floridiana, Isle of Capri, Italy
- Exhibition “Pazzi per Napoli” at Castel dell’Ovo, Sala Delle Terrazze, Naples Italy
- Exhibition “Eight by Ten” at KickArts Contemporary Art Gallery, Cairns
- Rotterdam International Art Fair, Netherlands
- Art fair – Paris 015 art salon at Carrousel Du Louvre, Paris, France
- Exhibition- “Bienal De Arte at Museum of Modern Art (MEAM) in Barcelona, Spain. Opened by Jose Van Roy Dali Heir of Salvador Dali.
- Exhibition – “Florence Art-” International collective at Guicciardini Bongianna Palazzo, Florence, Italy
- Exhibition – 2nd International Biennale at Palazzo Sant Elia, Palermo, Sicily
- Art residency at Galleria Monteoliveto, Naples & Pollena Trocchea, Italy
- Publication of artworks in “The best 2014 Modern & Contemporary artists”
- Solo Exhibition – “The Great Art Hunt” – Interactive childrens exhibition at Cairns Regional Gallery
- Exhibition – “Portals of Perception”. at Agora Gallery, New York, U.S.A.
- Organiser of “Art Aid” project to make & supply art packs for underprivileged school children in East Timor
- State finalist for NEITA Excellence in teaching awards.
- Publication of article on the Art scene in North QLD for Artbeat (ArtiSpectrum New York magazine Vol, 29)
- Exhibition- “Birds of a feather” -Cairns regional Gallery. Sponsored by the Chinese Assoc.
- Travel- “Walk to Art” – New York. U.S.A.
- Award- Qld. Government International Year of the woman 100th anniversary- “Ordinary Women Extraordinary Lives” Certificate of recognition for contribution to Arts & education.
- Exhibition – “Language of Art” – Carrington jewellery & art gallery – Noosa.
- Solo sculpture Exhibition “Attire” Cairns Regional Gallery
- Exhibition – “Women in action” – Foyer Gallery, Atherton
- Exhibition – Atrium Gallery – Paradise Palms, Palm Cove
- Solo Sculpture Exhibition – “Extracted” – Cairns Regional Gallery
- Exhibition – “Works on paper” – Bendigo Art Gallery. Award winner for photography
- Exhibition – “Sandhurst Trustees women sculptors” – Capitol Theatre, Bendigo. Finalist in Sculptural works selected by Inge King.
- Exhibition – Finalist in “Works on paper” at Bendigo Art Gallery
- Organisation & construction of Sculptural “Peace Garden” – Bendigo (Victorian Govt. Violence to Harmony Initiative)
- Exhibition – “Second Agenda” – Convent Gallery, Daylesford
- Worked on Artist in residence program (C.C.B Bendigo)
- Exhibition – “Agenda” Torii Gallery, Strathfieldsaye
- Mural – Organised community project – Rosiland Park wall of Bendigo Art Gallery
- Continuing Education Course – life drawing
- Oxy & Arc welding course – C.I.G, Preston, Melbourne
- Exhibition – “Wood thoughts” – Gryphon Gallery, Carlton, Melbourne
- Two artworks purchased by the Potter Foundation for the permanent collection at Melbourne University
- Demonstrated Steam bending techniques at the National Gallery of Victoria,Melbourne
- Participated in a volunteer program to bring art to remote areas
- University of Melbourne – (B.ed Degree in Visual Arts & Crafts) – Four Year degree course
- Majors in painting, Drawing, Fine Art history and wood
- Born Wycheproof, Victoria, Australia and raised on a wheat property
European Museum of Modern Art, Barcelona, Spain
Cairns Regional Art Gallery